Mobile Coupons is a new method of advertising through phones using coupons. They are often distributed through WAP Push over SMS or MMS, or other mobile means. What’s unique about mobile coupons is the memory of information in the coupons often outlast the expiry dates of the coupons themselves, triggering actual purchases at later dates.
Top Mobile Coupon Sites
- 8coupons.com – is a one-stop mobile coupon shop for great deals on places to eat, drink, shop, and do stuff in your neighborhood. The site has a database filled with over 60,000 money saving mobile coupons and deals throughout the country.
- CouponSherpa.com – is one of the pioneers in mobile coupons and finds great deals for those with iPhones and iPod Touchs. By downloading their free application, Coupon Sherpa users have access to hundreds of in-store coupons, organized by category or store name.
- Cellfire.com – Founded in 2005, Cellfire boasts of being the first nationwide mobile coupon and discount offer service and can be accessed on over 800 different mobile phones and all US carrier networks.
- Yowza.com – is a free mobile-only application for the iPhone and iPod Touch that offers deals from 10,000 merchants nationwide. Unlike other mobile coupon sites that scour the web for additional deals, Yowza’s coupons come straight from the merchants themselves.
- Mobilecoupons.com – offers savings using two ways, first is through a free iPhone application and the second is through a mobile or WAP site that can easily be accessed using any web-enabled phones across all carriers.